What all types of information are collected from you?
- Your personal, demographic, location, device and other similar information may be collected. The information collected by us shall depend on the services made available on the application and may vary from time to time, which will be informed through changes in this policy.
- Your usage details may be used for the necessary analytics purpose in order to provide you with location-based services and enhance your experience.
How do we use Your Personal Information and/or collect usage data/statistics?
- Your Personal Information shall help us customize the service(s) offering and enhance your experience in the future.
- Device and location information shall help us in better analyzing the data, adapting the content/display as per your device, make better statistics, and/or recommending you the services according to your location, usage etc.
How do we handle/manage your Personal Information?
- All your personal information shall be stored in a secured environment and shall only be shared with our registered Service Providers on the need basis to deliver the requested services.
- None of your Personal Information shall be shared with any other individual and/or any other party without your express consent except that required by or under applicable laws.
- Except for the purposes mentioned above, most of the collected Personal Information shall only be used for user categorization/classifications for the purpose of analytics.
We collect information such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, domain name, browser type, Operating System, Date and Time of the visit, pages visited, IMEI/IMSI number, device ID, location information, language settings, handset make & model, etc. However, no attempt is made to link these with the true identity of individuals visiting the kNOw Corona App.
If you simply delete/remove the kNOw Corona application from your mobile device, you no longer will be a user of kNOw Corona and we shall stop all promotions/newsletters/notifications that you have opted unless and until you opt-out of such communications.
Personal information as submitted and/or captured may be shared with law enforcement agencies and other Government departments if we have a good faith/belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of kNOw Corona System, other users or the public as required or permitted by law.
It will be a constant endeavor to protect the system from unauthorized access or unauthorized alterations, disclosure or destruction of information. In particular, all the information will be held in encrypted form and the communication channels for accessing the portal and transfer of data are encrypted using SSL as permissible under the law. Further, multi-factor authentication has been deployed to ensure authenticity of the user.